Sunday, October 11, 2009

Loneliness

Loneliness
All these years
Waiting for my tinytots
To learn to walk
Without holding my finger!
I shall enjoy my life then
I thought.
They did and
Flew out of my nest!
The time also flew,
Dropped like sand
From my hand!
Today I wait to hear
Their computerized voices
And remember the day
They pulled me out of the kitchen
To have a race.
While chopping onions
I hade raced against time
To cook, to bathe them
And send them to school!
Time ! so cruel !
Why did you fly so soon?
Now , When I have all of you
The body says No!
Even if the heart says Go!
Let me conceive and
Deliver my new babies,
My poems, who would
Never go away
And leave me lonely!!

1 comment:

  1. This poem won first prize in poetry writing competition during In-service course at k v Masjid Moth in 2002 .

    ReplyDelete